Thursday, September 9, 2010

DAY 19 - Like the last time . . .

The enlightened one!


I start timing my breaths . . . 


At 6:17 pm I count . . . then by 6:18 pm I counted 24 breaths . . . Then at 6:20 pm I count  . . . by 6:22 pm I counted 48 breaths . . . Once again, at 9:56 pm I count . . . by 9:57 pm I counted 24 breaths . . . 


This happens in a normal stress-free environment. 


(1) Suppose it is the case in every minute I breathe 24 times, then in one hour I should breathe 1,440 breaths. And in 24 hours I should breathe 34560 breaths . . .


Isn't that fascinating?! 


The number of 24 breaths I breathe in one minute corresponds with the number 24 hours of one day. Then what's even more interesting is the number of breaths I breathe in a day has a ascending order of 3 . . . 4 . . . 5 . . . 6 . . . and then BOOM . . . Zero!!!


In a day I breathe out 34560 breaths . . . ! 


Again (2) suppose that is a consistent constant, then in a year I should breathe 12,614,400 breaths. 


Let's say it again slowly and breathe out . . . this time: Twelve . . . million . . . six . . . hundred . . . and . . . fourteen . . . thousand . . . four . . . hundred . . . breaths . . . I . . . breathe . . . out . . . in . . . a . . . year.


Now the Holy King David wrote in his psalm 90 as follows:


All our days pass away in Your anger,
Our life is over like a sigh.
Our span is seventy years 
Or eighty for those who are strong (Ps 90:9-10).


Our life is over like a sigh!


When the time comes you will breathe out your last with a sigh . . . .


A third time, (3) suppose as King David says you are strong and live up to 80 years of age. Then how many days are there in 80 years?


- Well, it's 29,200 days. 


Fourth time: (4) Suppose you're now 40 years old, you then have only 14,600 days more to live.
Fifth time: (5) Suppose you're now 60, you then have only 7,300 days more to live.
Sixth time: (6) Suppose you're now 70, you then have only 3,650 days more to live.
Seventh time: (7) Suppose you're now 75, you have 1,825 days more . . . 


That is, suppose you are strong and live up to 80. Or perhaps today is it! 


Suppose now is the instant your life-breath runs out, then what you're gonna do?! 


                                                     * * *


I start timing my breath and found out the following:


- Suppose I live up to 80, I then have 466,732,800 breaths to breathe out . . .  That is Four Hundred and Sixty Six million, Seven Hundred and Thirty Two thousand, Eight hundred breaths . . . .


The fact is there will be a definite time in space I breathe out . . . my last.


Why not start cherishing each and every one of my breath . . . now?! 
Why not start breathing out as if each and every one of my breath . . . is the last?!
Why not start living in each breath and enjoying it while I can?! 


My life lies in one sigh. Then why not breathe each and every breath like the last time?!


Once I am content with only one breath, then I can be content with anything comes along.


So precious is Breath . . . . Love it. Cherish it. Enjoy it. 


Breathe . . . Breathe out now like the last you'll ever breathe and rejoice 
in the Holy Presence of the Generous Breath-giving Holy Spirit.


God bless y'all now.





















1 comment:

  1. I counted 4 different times and I started with 22 breaths, 28 breaths, 24 breaths and 24 breaths, but regardless most of the time I take my breathes for granted. I sometimes forget to breath but since I have started to read this blog, I must say that these entries really helped me to be more aware and how much I am thankful that I can breathe each second of my life. Example, holding my breath and forgetting to breath regularly, I would get dizzy and be unbalanced. I like the topic "giggle". I never realized something as small as that can greatly affect my day. It makes my day less stressful and more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete