Sunday, August 7, 2011

DAY 59 - EPISTEMOLOGY

Y'all know what that is!




- It's the study of knowledge.

What am I? How am I? Who am I?
Yep. There are three kinds of them.

1. Knowing about. 
2. Knowing how.
3. Knowing the person.

First: Knowing about is knowing the facts, figures and formulas. You get titles for this. 

Then: Knowing how is not just knowing how things work in your head. It's knowing how in practice. You get involved and in-touch with the things then you know. You get your hands dirty. The more you touch it the more you know. It's art.

Last: Knowing the person needs a great deal of sense and sensibility and sensitivity as well. For the person is a mystery. 

The first person you should know is yourself. Self-knowing is the beginning of true living. 

There are three kinds of self-knowing:

When am I? Where am I? Why am I?

1. Knowing the self in the past - and that is called history. 
2. Knowing the self in the future - which is understanding.
3. Knowing the self in the present - and this requires wisdom.

Good luck.

Take a deep breath. Then breathe out . . . now. 

God bless y'all.




No comments:

Post a Comment